Monday, October 26, 2009

Work to live, not live to work

millions of memories printed in the sand are a waste,
a moment with you written on a stone is a treasure,
being alone is sacred,
a time with God is priceless.

My work is the bread and butter of my life. It is my vice. It is my addiction. I could not care any less about it. It is the source of my living, the medium of a helping hand and the reflection of my untiring aspiration.

As majority finds essence of life through their jobs, i fear that someday, i will lose mine. No
matter how persevering I am, there will always be a better "someone". No matter how long i dedicate my time, other's attention will be more precious than mine. No matter how martyrdom gives away my life for it, it isn't just enough. Why? Because my work does not rely on my sole existence.

I am working so bad, as if there is no tomorrow. Until I realize.. that I am taking my health forgranted.. I miss to spend time with my family.. I neglect to appreciate the best things.. I am starting to be materialistic.. I begin to crave for the misconstrued success. How bad it is after engaging myself to a lifestyle of a workaholic. I am working for the wrong purpose, for the wrong motives.. Simply, I am wrong.

Soon, I understand. There is only one life and it has so much to offer. And it is such a regret to spend it tirelessly in working. I should not work to earn money but to gain worth. Hard to say, but I should say money is only an added bonus. There is time for everything. To work. To share. To spend moment. To appreciate. To travel.


Indeed, to travel. To explore new places. Seems splendid. Seems extravagant. But the world is not created only for the rich to see, so, why would i worry? Why would I hesitate when I could budget my limited resources and haggle my expenses? Why would I falter when all i need to do is plan ahead, get everything fixed, file a leave, bring along loved ones, take my sunglasses and hola! Feel life.. fall in love to what God has designed for us!

Whew! Now I am working to death to live a couple of days in another world. Ironic, i have to figuratively die to live again.. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment